Monday, February 9, 2009

Outfitted for a Tri!


So one of the first steps in my training was to start getting all the equipment I'm going to need!   I got new running shoes, bike helmet, bike pumps, several different brands of electrolyte "goo" to try out, a pair of bike shorts and more.  I have found that the bike shorts really make a difference in terms of comfort on the bike.  Not sure why I found that so surprising, but it's true.  I even got a pair of new aerobars for my bike (the things in the picture below that are attached to the handle bars) and managed to install them myself.



The aerobars let you get in a more aerodynamic position on the bike, as shown below.  I find it is also nice to have another arm position on long rides.




However, my favorite new piece of triathlon gear has to be the custom swimsuit my sister got me for Christmas - 



It even has my name on the back!




1 comment:

  1. What are your current average lengths for the run, bike, and swim? What do you have to achieve for the race itself in each?

    ReplyDelete