Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Welcome to my Training Page!

Well, the rumors are true - I am training for a triathlon! Specifically St. Anthony's Triathlon in St. Petersburg, Florida on April 26, 2009. It is Olympic distance, which means .9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 10K run. Gulp, it sounds like a long way, but I am starting training now with my awesome team - the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. The provide great coaches, a workout schedule, and tons of info (it turns out there is really a lot you need to know to do a triathlon). In addition to training for the race, we are raising money to fund LLS's research. You can contribute to my fundraising efforts at my website here.

I will post updates on my training progress here on this blog, so check back often! You can also subscribe to the right, and you'll get an email whenever I add an update.

Also, any and all of you reading here are invited to come cheer me on at the race - it should be an awesome weekend!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment